Friday 16 January 2015

Khaki & clichés.


(Sleeveless cardigan - Primark, faux fur piece - Primark, dress - H&M, necklace - Primark, boots - La Moda, watch - Marc Jacobs)

First things first: Happy new year!! Better late than never, right?

I know, I know - I'm a terrible blogger. How many times have I come sheepishly crawling back professing my commitment to this site, and then disappeared in a Houdini-esque manner? Too many. Although this time I do have a valid excuse, my camera seemed to be giving up on life last month, but I think it's just about fixed now. It was a Christmas miracle of sorts. So, these few snaps were basically just a trial to see if everything was back in working order.

Anyway, I'm going to keep it short and sweet today because this outfit is a little bit bland, but I am in love with these La Moda boots; they're quite literally heaven in boot form. They've got a fairly modest platform, and a chunky heel which means they give us short girls a subtle boost on those casual days when a stiletto seems like too much effort. Oh, and did I mention that they are so comfortable? I wore them to tackle the January sales, and my feet were still in tact after a gruelling 8 hours on the battlefield that is Topshop. Quite the feat, ey? 

In terms of belated new year's resolutions, I have all of the clichés on my list; lose weight, get fit, etc. I also intend on clearing out my ever expanding wardrobes, I'm half expecting to find a portal to Narnia in the midst of that oblivion. Ultimately, the goal is to condense it all down to the bare minimum, and to then try and introduce more vintage pieces. I do love the high street, but I quite like the idea of having a little bit more variety this year, especially seems as there's going to be quite the 70's revival according to Vogue. And, you know what they say; you'll never beat the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig