Tuesday 29 April 2014

Kate Moss x Topshop


"Who's your ultimate style icon?"....it's a common question that most girls often find themselves answering, yet the answer is also unsurprisingly, universally common: Kate Moss. The captivating, Croydon born beauty with those perfectly tousled blonde locks....Yes, that's right, I have something of a flame for old Mossy. Now, for me, the reason that Kate is the No.1 style icon for the majority of women is not due to a lack of imagination on our part...it's simply because her style is so versatile and easy to relate to; she just nails that bohemian/grunge vibe in a way that nobody else quite can...I suppose that enigmatic charisma is why she has had a career which has spanned over the majority of my lifespan, though. My infatuation with Kate has been ongoing since I was around 16, I remember most magazines at the time were insistent upon breaking my teenage heart by suggesting that my beloved skinny jeans were a thing of the past, with a focus on the revival of the bootleg. Enter Kate - ever the hero - championing the skinny jean every time she was snapped in public. I guess that one memory pretty much sums up why I love Kate so much - her refusal to conform to the big trends. Kate always stays true to her own personal bohemian style - always adding her own 90's grunge spin to it, but pulling it all together with some immaculate and enviable tailoring. So, when I learned that her latest collection for Topshop was to be unveiled this summer, my heart almost stopped. It's been a long and agonising wait, but now that we're mere hours away from her collection going live online, I thought I'd share some of my favourite looks with you.

Splice Skirt Maxi Dress £350

Fringed Leather Jacket £190

Beaded Fringe Dress £250


In all honesty, the entire campaign is utterly jaw-dropping - particularly the pieces which are inspired by her most iconic looks over the years - but sadly, it's not quite purse friendly enough for me to justify buying all of it, so I will just be investing in the one piece...which is, of course, going to be that leather jacket.

You can shop the Kate Moss x Topshop collection in all participating stores as of 30/04/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig