Wednesday 23 April 2014

Sheer Lizard.

Hi guys - just a quick introduction seems as this is my first post. I'm Rhian, a 23 year old English Literature graduate from South Wales. I've dabbled with fashion writing for a couple of years (including a work placement on the fashion desk for Closer magazine), but I wanted to create my own personal online space to showcase my own day-to-day outfits and to bore you all with the details of life in the sleepy Welsh valleys. You can find out more about me on my About Me page, or via my personal twitter/instagram pages which are linked in my sidebar. But anyway, let's get back to the point....




Kimono - Ratandboa.com, Jeans - Topshop (rips- DIY) , Sandals - Primark, Bag - Urban Outfitters



I had a day off work today, so I popped out to do a bit of shopping in Cardiff and this is what I wore. I do tend to wear alot of black, so this sheer, floor length kimono from Rat and Boa seemed a little bit daunting at first, but I like how it works layered over an otherwise boring outfit, it adds a bit of an edge whilst still encapsulating the laid back vibe which I like my outfits to have. I've always loved Rat and Boa's casual yet vibrant and edgy style, especially their summer lookbooks - they are my favourite brand when it comes to festival styling. Speaking of summer, I swear there was a brief appearance of sun in Wales today...before the heavens opened right back up and left my choice of footwear looking somewhat questionable to the other shoppers with their feet cosily tucked away in boots. Cold toes are surely a small price to pay in order to show off the absolute bargain that is these Primark sandals though, right? Let me know what you think of this kimono, and what your go-to festival shops are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig