Sunday 15 June 2014

Crochet Crush.

First things first....forgive the slightly lame post title, it's a Sunday morning and my head isn't fully in the game yet -it's days like today when I really wish that I liked coffee! I went for a couple of drinks with friends last night and as always, my poor time management skills meant that I was running around like a headless chicken by 8pm, screeching at my father to take photos as quickly as possible, so you'll just have to work with my slightly awkward posing for today. Given that I was running so late, I opted for quite a quirky dress that would do all the talking itself, detracting from my haphazardly slapped on make-up, so this little Rat and Boa number seemed like the perfect choice. Lightweight, summery and unique, it allowed the rest of my outfit to just fall into place fairly naturally - embracing my deeply hated natural curls (dubbed as the "wicked wave" by my father - cheers for that one, Dad!) which were touched up with a quick flick of my straighteners to tousle it all into place and cemented by the lifesaver which is Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. All in all, I'm fairly happy with how this outfit panned out, although in hindsight, I'd probably team the dress with some chunky boots to toughen it up a little and add a little edge to it but that can be a post for another day!


Dress - Ratandboa.com
Gold cuff - New Look
Bangle & rings - Camden Market
Spiked necklace - River Island
Wishbone necklace - ASOS
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Primark

I think I've gushed about Rat and Boa in almost every one of my blogposts so far, but I really can't help it. For anyone that hasn't checked them out, I couldn't recommend them more. They have such lovely bohemian pieces which are often limited in stock figures, everything on the site sells out really quickly and they rarely restock the same items, so it's nice to be assured that you're spending your hard-earned cash on a really individualistic piece. It was just so lovely to go out last night and not have that recurring nightmare that often happens when you wear a River Island or Topshop dress for a night out....the dreaded realisation that somebody two tables across has the same dress on as you - it really is the worst! It's easy to change the look of a skirt just by wearing a slightly more unusual top with it, but a dress is often the statement piece in itself, that's why I enjoyed knowing that it was extremely unlikely to see somebody in the same dress as me last night, it was somewhat refreshing to stand out from the sea of bodycon dresses for a change. Could any of you recommend any slightly different shops to those on the high street? I'm always on the lookout for more ways to demolish my bank balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig