Saturday 5 July 2014

Sunflowers & Sunburn.

There's a lot of things which make summer the best season of the year.....sunburn, however, is not one of them. The beach breeze in Brighton is absolutely lethal, I spent the majority of our first day lounging around in my bikini with goosebumps over my skin - I was adamant that my phone was lying to me and that the weather wasn't actually sunbathing weather, but I'm stubborn and continued to lay there in a desperate attempt to tan....and boy, did I tan. We all know that sunburnt skin is not chic; luckily my sunburn hasn't shown up too badly in the photos, but I assure you that even something as simple as sitting down became painful. With this in mind, tight fitting clothes were off the menu which meant I finally got a chance to wear this Motel Rocks sunflower print dress; it's loose fitting and something akin to a smock which is generally a style that I steer clear of out of fear of looking pregnant. I'm pretty short (5"4) so I normally wear something which gives me a bit of shape so that I don't look like a complete toddler running riot around the place; but I have to admit, I kinda liked the floaty shape to this dress in the end. I'm not much of a "girly girl" when it comes to dresses, I like to toughen things up with heavier accessories and chunky shoes but I left this outfit fairly minimalistic and I think it worked well for an effortless, holiday look. Obviously I couldn't resist layering on a choker and an Empty Casket necklace for good measure though.



(Dress - Motel Rocks, Choker - ASOS, Necklace - Empty Casket, Bangles - Primark, Ring - Primark, Sandals - Primark, Watch - Marc Jacobs, Anklet - Ebay)

I do feel as though I should draw attention to the fact that my legs are a completely different colour to the rest of my body - I am the most uneven tanner that you will ever meet, it's something of a curse. Also, you can get 20% off this Motel Rocks dress, or any other full price product on their website if you enter my discount code "RHIANSD24" at checkout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates from pipdig